Backcountry.com is a staple within the outdoor gear e-commerce scene. To get an idea of why, we’ve polled our staff and friends. In ascending order, here are their reasons for shopping and loving the brand:
5. The Goat: With top-notch athletes like Seth Morrison, Sage Cattabriga-Alosa, Chris Davenport and over 30 more riding with the Goat, how can it not be cool? Get on board with the Goat Stoke by sporting a Goat sticker and you’ll automatically be ten times cooler. Don’t believe us? Watch the video below.
4. Customer Service: Within five minutes of being on the site, you’ll notice a chat window pop up in which a lovely, outdoorsy-looking lady offers to help you with any questions. This chat function, speedy delivery of product, ease of return and other positives puts customer service at number four on the list.
3. Brands & Price: Backcountry.com carries the best brands in the outdoor industry, like The North Face, Patagonia, Marmot, Mountain Hardwear, Arc’teryx, and Black Diamond. Prices are always good and sales are plentiful. For really great deals, check out the Backcountry.com Outlet.
2. Gear Reviews and Guides: For quality product reviews, look no further than Backcountry.com. Written by thoughtful, hard charging Backcountry.com users, the reviews on Backcountry.com are numerous and helpful. As one friend said, “I always know that the reviews on Backcountry.com are written by people who actually know what they’re talking about, so I can be confident in what they say and in my purchase”. “I love doing gear research on Backcountry.com.” Also, the Backcountry Gear Experts, AKA employees, put together yearly gear guides that both inform and entertain. Check out the new Backcountry 2014 Ski Guide for an tantalizing example of the product knowledge of the employees, and, of course, the sick, new skis!
1. Return Policy: A ‘No Questions Asked’ 90-day return policy is the number one reason our staff and friends shop Backcountry.com. “I’ve returned so much gear to Backountry.com”, one friend said, “either because it didn’t perform they way I expected it to or because my wife wanted me to.” “I’ve never had a problem returning anything even if the gear has been put through the wringer. Aside from all the other great things about Backcountry.com, the return policy alone has won my loyalty for life.”